Summary Basic Function
- Apply principals of accounting (GAAP) to prepare and maintain records of routine accounting transactions. Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports (i.e. detailed accounting analysis/reconciliations, trial balances, financial statements, presentations, etc.). May act as mentor to lower level employees. Provide high quality support service to department directors and managers in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accumulate and maintain detailed accounting records for each respective account or entity which accurately reflect its financial position.
- Operate computer programs required to record, store, analyze and report information.
- Apply accounting policies & procedures (to include specific techniques and standard practices) to the classification and recording of financial transactions. Participate in the establishment of new policies, techniques and standard practices.
- Be knowledgeable of events and transactions (internal & external) which may have an impact on the financial statements or financial condition of respective accounts or entities.
- Determine correct coding for financial transactions and post those entries to the accounting software.
- Prepare all financial transactions, analysis, statements, reports, tax returns, etc. in time to meet internal timelines (i.e. management reviews, month end close schedule, board meeting, etc) and external timelines (i.e. IRS, state or federal regulations, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts for respective general ledger accounts and/or entities.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various payroll tax returns and schedules.
- Compile accounting information for various audits and respond to audit inquiries in time to meet audit timing requirements.
- Exercise tact in all oral and written communications with whom professional contact is made including but not limited to the ability to support and communicate effectively with multiple managers and diverse customer groups.
- Complete remaining Accountant Rotation competencies as assigned.
- Conduct finance classes in conjunction with department and CAMC University.
- Participate in the development or reorganization of processes to assure proper accounting controls.
- Mentor lower level staff.
Qualifications for the Position
BACHELOR in Accounting
3 YEARS Direct General Ledger Accounting Duties
Other Formalized Training - Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP), basic understanding of taxation practices, and strong understanding of internal control practices.
TYPE OF SOFTWARE Microsoft Office and accounting application software
FAMILIARITY OF BASIC PC SKILLS YES