- Accountable for the timely, tactful, and accurate performance of a variety of secretarial and minor administrative duties as assigned by the Vice President of Government and Community or the Director of Network Development.
Specialized Knowledge, Experience and Skills
(Education, Experience and Skills required to fully perform the requirements of the position)
- Degree / Education
- Formalized Training College level courses in office procedures
- Other Formalized training in secretarial sciences or office procedures
- Considerable knowledge of Business English, accounting and bookkeeping, spelling, punctuation, mathematical calculations, and office procedures/equipment.
- Level of Experience
- 3 Years Secretarial experience in an organization comparable to CAMC or the Partners in Health Network
- Typing/Word Processing skills required for this position
- Computer Skills required for this position
- Microsoft Office
- Basic PC Skills
- QuickBooks (or comparable)
- Teleconferencing (Zoom, GoToMeeting, or comparable)
- Other Required Areas of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting/Bookkeeping skills
- Analytical Skills
- Applies knowledge to new situations
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Employee Relations
- Flexible Schedule
- Handle Multiple Assignments
- Math Simple
- Problem Solving
- Verbal Communication
- Work Independently
- Written Communication
- Acceptable SUBSTITUTIONS (if any)
- Other specialized beneficial secretarial skills and 70 WPM may substitute for 80 WPM requirement
- Patient Group Knowledge (Only applies to positions with direct patient contact)
- Assigns work to or supervises others
- Competency Statement
- Must demonstrate competency through an initial orientation and ongoing competency validation to independently perform tasks and additional duties as specified in the job description and the unit/department specific competency checklist.
- Minimum Requirement Comments
- Requires knowledge of basic accounting principles and common office-based software programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs secretarial duties in a timely, tactful, and accurate manner as assigned by the Vice President of Government and Community or the Director of Network Development.
- Performs minor administrative duties for the Vice President of Government and Community and the Director of Network Development within the scope of assigned authority.
- Coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow.
- Establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with superiors, co-workers, subordinates, suppliers and community.
- Arranges business itineraries and coordinates travel arrangements for the Vice President of Government and Community and the Director of Network Development.
- Refers matters requiring immediate attention to delegated authority, in the absence of the Director of Network Development.
- Attends Administrative Staff/Department Manager meetings, taking and transcribing minutes to ensure an accurate recording of activities.
- Maintains capital equipment and personnel current budget records.
- Conducts all necessary arrangements for Partners in Health Network (PIHN) board meetings.
- Under direction of the Vice President of Government and Community and the Director of Network Development with assistance from CPA firm, is responsible for accounting functions - invoices, accounts receivable, payroll, check bank statements.
- Prepares grant applications.
- Monitors grants.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes calls to appropriate persons.
- Plans and arranges education and committee meetings for the Partners in Health Network (PIHN) members.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Records meeting minutes for Partners in Health Network (PIHN) board meetings, and committees.
- Prepares booklets for various meetings.
- Prepares quarterly reports for clinics and hospitals.
- Excellent communication and software skills are necessary.
(To whom the position directly reports and the number and title(s) of those directly supervised)
- Reports to the Director of Network Development.